[OPIRG-EVENTS] Action Alert - Stop Open Air Trials of GE Crops

Don't Fool Around With Genetic Engineering! Stop Open Air Trials of GE Crops
at Agriculture Canada Research Centres!

Tuesday, April 1, 2003, 12-1:00  pm

Ottawa Experimental Farm, Sir John Carling Building, 930 Carling Avenue, Ottawa

National Day of Protest: Make your voice heard, share some food and
hear presentations on the public versus private research agenda

For posters and more information contact: Andrea Peart, Sierra Club, 241-4611

We are preparing a cross Canada day of action on Tuesday April 1st to
protest open air GE crop trials. This day of action is focused around
the publicly funded agricultural test plots and around the slogan
"Save Agriculture Canada from Monsanto". Three events are planned at
test plots in Ontario as well as actions in Manitoba, Saskatchewan,
New Brunswick, PEI, Alberta and Quebec.

Ccome to the Experimental Farm on April 1st. If you can - bring
placards, whistles and dress-up - or just come and be yourself. The
action will involve a ceremonial food sharing at 12 noon (please
bring your own organic bread) followed by presentations.

We are also engaged in trying to raise money to fund the bus bringing
students to the rural Agriculture Canada research facility in Delhi,
Ontario. We can walk, bike, drive or take the bus to the experimental
farm but our rural brothers and sisters do not have the same ease of
transportation. So please give 10$ to help cover the $410.00 for the
bus to Delhi. If you have any further questions about the planned day
of action or how to donate to the Delhi fund please do not hesitate
to contact either Andrea Peart at the Sierra Club of Canada 241-4611
or Lucy Sharatt at the Polaris Institute at 237-1717.

Hope to see you all on the 1st,
Take care,

Andrea
Andrea Peart