[OPIRG-EVENTS] Tonight: Richard "Cda IS at war" Sanders on CPAC 9pm ET/6pm PT

Tonight on CPAC's program "Talk Politics"
      an interview by Ken Rockburn with
        yours truly (Richard Sanders)

    9 pm Eastern Time / 6 pm Pacific Time
   (repeated at 1 am and 7 am tomorrow, ET)
Please check local listings for station number.

The subject covered is (of course):
Canadian involvement in the war and the government pretense that we are not
involved.
It's about 15 minutes long.
===========================
Also, as if that wasn't enough, please note that tomorrow:

CBC National TV News
Tomorrow morning, Rick Bogusky is interviewing me on CBC's National TV News
on the subject of Canada's military exports to the US and the part that
this Cdn equipment is playing in the war against Iraq.
===========================

Globe and Mail
Yesterday, the Globe and Mail ran a version of my article on page A13 which
they called
"Who says we're not at war."
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20030331/COSANDERS/

I am hoping that they'll run a correction tomorrow because they added a
phrase to my article:
"last year we [Canada] sold them [the U.S.] $247-million worth of military
goods."

I've asked that the correction note: (1) that this phrase is an grave
underestimation of Canada's military exports (which were more likely as
much as $1.7 Billion last year) and
(2) that it this phrase was ADDED to my article (i.e., I didn't write that.)
More on all that later.  We'll see what they do to correct their mistake,
which -- of course -- runs directly counter to the whole thrust and purpose
of my article.

sorry for the shameless self-promotion
richard

Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade (COAT)
(A network of individuals and NGOs across Canada and around the world)
Email: ad207@ncf.ca  Web: http://www.ncf.ca/coat

Press for Conversion!
Read the Jan. 2003 issue of our quarterly magazine on:
"Going to War: The American use of War Pretext Incidents"
http://www.ncf.ca/coat/our_magazine/links/issue50/issue50.htm

Read the Oct. 2002 issue online: "Real Reasons for the Invasion of Iraq"
http://www.ncf.ca/coat/our_magazine/links/issue49/issue49.htm

Our next issue will focus on U.S.-backed regime changes, wars, military
and CIA operations in the Middle East & North Africa since WWII.

To join our list serve on the Afghan and Iraq wars, the war on terrorism
and the criminalisation of dissent, send the message:
subscribe no_to_nato     to     <majordomo@flora.org>
To see the archives at http://www.flora.org/coat/forum/

Endorse COAT's online Global Appeal/Pledge of Nonviolence. About 17,000
people, from 122 countries have signed so far. The appeal/pledge is
available in 18 languages.
http://www.flora.org/coat/appeal/

If you'd prefer not to receive emails from COAT,
just respond to this email with REMOVE in the subject line.

-
This is the OPIRG-events@ox.org list. Participatory activist events only.