[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[OPIRG-EVENTS] (Apr22,2003) Ottawa Earth Day Fair 2003 [Festival]
** Ottawa Earth Day Fair 2003: International Year of Fresh Water
Tuesday, April 22, 2003
10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Celebrate the 33rd anniversary of Earth Day. The celebration's theme this year is "International Year of Fresh Water" and will feature displays and presentations by environmental groups and ecologically responsible businesses from the Ottawa area. Join us for an educational and fun day to celebrate the Earth.
Garnet Challenger (Ottawa based 8 piece Reggae Band) will be performing live on Sparks Street Mall between 11am-12pm and 1pm-2pm.
Speakers confirmed to speak starting at 12:30pm include:
* Angela Rickman, Campaigns Director, Sierra Club of Canada
* Andrea Peart, Health and Environment Campaigner, Sierra Club of Canada
* Elizabeth Arnold, Ottawa City Councilor
* Mauril Belanger, MP Ottawa-Vanier
* Anil Naidoo, Council of Canadians
* Mark Monahan, Executive Director, Bluesfest
* Lara Van Loon, Ottawa River Keeper
We are also looking for creative participation: Street theatre, artists, musicians, magicians, jugglers, puppets, face painters, etc.
* Sparks Street Mall (Sparks Street between O'Connor and Metcalfe)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Languages: French and English
No childcare available.
or animals may be present.
No sign-language interpretation is provided.
Smoking is permitted.
* Andrew Dumbrille
Phone: (613) 241-4611
Fax: (613) 241-2292
* Sierra Club of Canada
Set-up 9:30-10:00 am; and will come to a natural close 2-3 pm.
(Event: Festival; Environment)
This is the OPIRGfirstname.lastname@example.org list. Participatory activist events only.
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.
Archive at: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/lists/html/opirg-events/