[OPIRG-EVENTS] Mac Harb town hall meeting on Canadian foreign policy - Monday!

Mac Harb, Liberal MP for Ottawa Centre, will host a town hall on
Canada's foreign policy on Monday evening, April 28 at 6 PM at the
Canadian Legion Montgomery Hall at 330 Kent Street (corner of
MacLaren Street).

While I tend to support using the Legion hall as a community hall,
I'm afraid this looks like a setup to provoke a pro-war response.
Unfortunately few veterans are able to support peaceful policies,
somehow feeling that it would invalidate their sacrifices to do so.
Given Canada's increasingly neoliberal and corporatist foreign
policy, I hope people will attend Monday night's session, or write
in, to support Canada's non-intervention in Iraq and criticise our
pathetic pandering to US interests transnational (Canadian)
corporations' pillaging of poorer countries in the guise of
"development".

See the government discussion paper at http://www.foreign-policy-dialogue.ca
  - comments will be accepted until May 1.

- j.
-
This is the OPIRG-events@ox.org list. Participatory activist events only.