[OPIRG-EVENTS] Benefit Peace Concert this Friday at Cafe Alternatif, U. of Ottawa

please attend this event in solidarity with
ottawa-outaouais high school activists...

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY
Ottawa-Outaouais Students Against the War Present:
The Peace CONCERT

Upcoming Friday - June 6 : Cafe Alternatif - 7pm

Basement, Simard Hall @ Ottawa U
$5 minimum donation at door
Featuring local Ottawa dancers & musicians
All proceeds going to Oxfam Canada

Ottawa Outaouais Students Against War – Etudiants
d’Ottawa Outaouais Contre la Guerre (OOSAW-EOOCG) is a
group lead and consisting of students from various
high schools around the Ottawa-Outaouais area. We are
a non-violence non-profit organisation that promotes
peace and tries to raise awareness in our community.
As such, we are currently holding a peace concert,
which will consist of local student bands, to spread
the message of peace and raise awareness amongst our
fellow high school students (though all ages are
welcome.) The peace concert will be on Friday, June 6,
Café Alternatif at seven o’clock.

All proceeds that are gained through the peace concert
will be given to Oxfam. (Oxfam International is a
confederation of 12 organizations working together in
more than 100 countries to find lasting solutions to
poverty, suffering and injustice.) For more
information about Oxfam visit
http://www.oxfam.org/eng/

=====
Please read Iraq Peace Team reports at www.nowar-paix.ca

The conservation movement is a breeding ground of Communists and other subversives. We intend to clean them out, even if it means rounding up every bird watcher in the country.
--John Mitchell, US Attorney General 1969-1972, as quoted in the New Jersey Sierra Club's Newsletter, Sierra Activist, Vol. 3, No. 9 (October 1997).