[OPIRG-EVENTS] Tucker House tipi raising, Sunday, June 8, 2P. Open House, June 9 and 10, 4-8P

Paul Kwitenbrouwer, artisan tipi maker, assures us that our long awaited
tipi is made and ready to go up in the beautiful natural setting at
Tucker House, Clarence Rockland,  at 2P, Sunday afternoon, June 8.

Any who wish to watch or take part in the ancient and intricate art of
tipi-raising, are cordially invited to attend.  It takes about 3 hours.
Come for part or all of the process. A few able bodies are needed,
though Paul insists that one person could do it - but it would take a
lot longer.

If any one from the west end would like a ride and can leave around
noon, call Isobel (820-0598).  A couple of cars will be leaving then.

NOTE 1 - This is an outside event - come prepared for the weather and a
mosquito or two.  The House is rented for the week-end (therefore "out
of bounds")  but there are outside washroom facilities and good well
water to drink.

NOTE 2 - If you want a guided tour of the house, organic gardens and
grounds, or to register your child for Country Fun Nature Camp
(Christian day camp with an ecological emphasis, for children 5 to 13
years) you are cordially invited to our Open House on Monday and
Tuesday, June 9 and 10, from 4 to 8 PM.

NOTE 3 - We are deeply indebted to the late Betty Sinclair, story
teller, child psychologist and lover of children,  whose generous
financial gift made our dream of a genuine tipi for Country Fun a
reality.  We are also indebted to the volunteers who spent many hours
peeling the cedar poles and helping with the sewing.

For directions or more information about Country Fun or Tucker House
Retreat Centre, see <www.tuckerhouse.ca>

Hope to see you there.

--
Isobel McGregor
49 Evergreen Drive

All things are connected. Whatever befalls the Earth befalls the sons
and daughters of the Earth.
We do not weave the web of life, we are merely strands in it.  Whatever
we do to the web we do
to ourselves.    Chief Seattle, 1854 (Adapted).

-
This is the OPIRG-events@ox.org list. Participatory activist events only.