[OPIRG-EVENTS] Palestinian Youth Event - CHANGE OF VENUE - Vincent Massey Park

Please note the change of venue due to the possibility
of rain.

>"In Their Own Words"
>Young People of Palestine Share Their Stories
>
>The Palestinian Friendship and Leadership Exchange
Program in
coordination
>with the Canadian Auto Workers Social Justice Fund
has brought eight
>Palestinian youths (ages 14-16) for visits to
Toronto, Montréal and
>Ottawa. Six of the children are from the West Bank
(Jenin, Ramallah &
>Hebron) and two are from the Bourj el Barajneh Camp
in Lebanon. They
will
>speak about their homeland, their daily struggles and
their hopes and
>dreams.
>

>Ottawa Event
>
>CEPAL invites you to join the youth for a picnic.
Come and hear their
>stories, exchange ideas.
>
>When: Wednesday, July 16
>Vincent Massey Park, 6:30;
>Picnic Area "T" (across from band stand).
>
>(Look for UN and Palestinian Flags).
>
>Contact: (613) 236-7825 or info@cepal.ca
>Light refreshments will be served
>

>Montreal Event
>
>When: Thursday, July 17 at 6:30 p.m.
>Where: The Canadian-Palestinian Foundation Community
Centre - Main
Hall
>5135 Notre Dame West/corner St-Rémi, Montréal
(St-Henri Metro)
>Contact: (514) 591-3171
>* Refreshments and snacks will be served
>
>Organized By The Canadian-Palestinian Foundation
(CPF) [
http://www.sphr.org/]
http://www.cepal.ca/]

>www.cepal.ca
>

>"Dans leurs propres mots..."
>Des jeunes de la Palestine partagent leurs histoires
>
>Le Programme d'Échange Palestinien d'Amitié et de
Leadership en
>coordination avec le fond de justice sociale du
syndicat des
Travailleurs
>et travailleuses canadiens de l'automobile ont
apporté huit
adolescents
>palestiniens, âgés (es) de 16 à17 ans, pour des
visites à Toronto,
>Montréal et Ottawa. Six des jeunes sont de la
Cisjordanie (Jenin,
>Ramallah
>& Hébron) et deux sont du camp de réfugiés de Bourj
el Barajneh situé
au
>Liban. Ils parleront de leur terre natale, de leurs
luttes
quotidiennes,
>de leurs espoirs et de leurs rêves.
>
>Ottawa
>
>CEPAL vous invite a un picnique
>
>Quand: Mercredi, le 16 juillet à 18:30
>Où: Parc Vincent Massey, aire de picnique "T":
cherchez nos drapeaux)
>Renseignment: (613) 236-7825 or info@cepal.ca
>* Des rafraîchissements seront servis
>
>Montreal
>
>Quand: Jeudi, le 17 juillet à 18h30
>Où: Le centre communautaire de la Fondation
Canado-Palestinienne -
Hall
>Principal
>5135 Notre Dame Ouest/coin St-Rémi, Montréal (Métro
St-Henri)

=====
Please read Iraq Peace Team reports at www.nowar-paix.ca

The conservation movement is a breeding ground of Communists and other subversives. We intend to clean them out, even if it means rounding up every bird watcher in the country.
--John Mitchell, US Attorney General 1969-1972, as quoted in the New Jersey Sierra Club's Newsletter, Sierra Activist, Vol. 3, No. 9 (October 1997).