[OPIRG-EVENTS] October 13-18, 2003: Feed the World Week

What:	Hare Krishna 8th Annual Feed the World Week
Date:	October 13-18, 2003
Time:	Noon - 2:00 PM  and  5 PM - 8 PM

Location:
	Govinda's Vegetarian Buffet
	212 Somerset St. East, Ottawa
	Near Ottawa U, just east of King Edward Ave.

Wheelchair accessible:
	Yes, by portable ramp.

Contact:
	Shankar Das
	(613) 565-6544
	govindas@sympatico.ca

More info:
	http://www.ffl.org

What is Feed the World Week?

1.  Feed the World Week is based on a simple principle:  For one week,
the world should experience a wholesome, nonviolent, karma-free diet,
and thus pave the way for a peaceful and hunger-free world.

2.  Feed the World Week is an open community event for raising
awareness of the world's chronic hunger problem.

3.  Feed the World Week is a call for action: for the world to move
away from the meat-based diet - that robs the earth of vital resources
and leaves billions homeless and hungry.

Your local Hare Krishna center is proud to host this annual event, for
the 8th year.  We will be serving *free vegan meals* daily Govinda's
Vegetarian Buffet, 212 Somerset St. East, near the University of Ottawa.
If you would like to volunteer your time, donate raw ingredients or
help financially, please contact FFL coordinator Shankar Das at (613)
565-6544 or govindas@sympatico.ca.

We invite all our neighbours, friends and the community at large to
join us in observing this event as we try to help make the world a
better place.  We look foward to seeing and serving you.  Everyone is
welcome!
-
This is the OPIRG-events@ox.org list. Participatory activist events only.