Re: [transformative-change] http:--www.comlink.apc.org-lav-now- (fwd)

I don't know.  The reference to "Mother Earth" seems to associate the thing
that sustains all known life ("earth") with the feminine ("mother").  Such
an association completely ignores all contribution that men have made to the
sustenance of life since the beginning of the human race.  It ignores the
attempts of individual men to fulfil the role assigned to their gender --
that of going out and earning a living on which their family could live,
protecting their home against the elements, protecting their families
against enemies.  It ignores the historically documented willingness of men
to sacrifice their own health, their own happiness, even their own lives for
the women and children in their lives.  It seems like just one more
narrow-minded slander against everything that men have contributed to the
survival of our species -- contributions that innumerable women and children
have enjoyed and from which they have benefited.

As a man, I have been excluded.

So I might as well take up that raping and pillaging and plundering of the
earth that (apparently) is my gender's sole activity.

====