Re: [transformative-change] An analysis of governance as a topic of study.

Bill wrote:
>    What I would suggest we look for in the post-industrial age is a
> continous democracy where  each individual can make decisions for
> his/her own life and have them authenticated by the network of
> companions in his/her life. Ways of allowing smaller groups to make
> significant decisions should be searched for and ways of diminishing the
> constrictions of an elite based hierarchy created.

  There is a problem of transition when speaking of de-centralized
governance.  As discussed, we as citizens no longer concern ourselves with
geographical boundaries and borders.  We do, however, have a non-physical
war going on where governments do need to protect us and our non-physical
boundaries.  Our 'foe' comes in the form of larger corporations or other
insitutions that impose specific ideologies (Consumerism, etc) onto us.
These (most often Multinational) corporations are quick-acting as they do
not have any communications-overhead in their totalitarian decision making,
and have a huge working-class (Some of 'us') doing the work of this
virtual-country.

  How can we have a system of governance that will be able to protect our
interests as individuals when the 'foe' is itself extremely centralized?

--
 Russell McOrmond, Internet Consultant: <http://www.flora.org/russell/>
 Wedding related events continue, and business contracts are busy.