** 10/8 Digital Signatures Working Group Meeting ** RSVP REQUIRED

Apologies for duplicates - some of you I'm sure are on multiple notice lists
for this.

California Digital Signature Regulations Working Group
sponsored by the Software Industry Coalition and CommerceNet

THIS MEETING IS OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WISHES TO ATTEND
However, you MUST let me know if you will be attending via e-mail to:
kaye@ix.netcom.com or by replying to this message.
Those who RSVP will receive e-mail on the exact location and directions to
the meeting.  (Sorry about that but we MUST have a fairly accurate RSVP
count since the host is being so kind as to supply us with a working lunch.)
PLEASE RSVP by the end of the day on Thursday 10/3/96.

WHEN: Tuesday October 8th, 9:30 AM - 1 PM  (Working lunch will be provided.)
WHERE: Cupertino, CA

Note: For those of you trying to schedule these meetings, we are meeting
every other Tuesday, sometimes in the am, sometimes in the pm, usually in or
close to Silicon Valley.

AGENDA

I. Report on status of Secretary of State's Task Force
II. Review of current draft of outline of regulations
III.  Consideration of additional topics: what is publication, what are
liability issues for subscriber

Web page for Background on the Working Group:

 http://www.softwareIndustry.org/coalition/dswgopen.html

Digital Signature Background page:

http://www.softwareIndustry.org/issues/1digsig.html

For more information, e-mail Kaye Caldwell at kaye@ix.netcom.com or call
408-479-8743.

Kaye Caldwell
Software Industry Coalition Policy Director
CommerceNet Adovocacy and Public Policy Committee Chair

Kaye Caldwell Phone:(408)479-8743 Fax:(408) 479-9247 E-mail:kaye@ix.netcom.com
Editor, Software Industry Issues (Web: http://www.SoftwareIndustry.org/issues/)
Policy Director, Software Industry Coalition (Web:
http://www.SoftwareIndustry.org/coalition/)
President, Computer Software Industry Association  (Web:
http://www.SoftwareIndustry.org/csia/)
Legislative Director, Software Forum  (Web:  http://www.SoftwareForum.org/)