Re: Example: PGP-aware mailer

At 07:09 PM 4/5/96 -0500, hallam@w3.org wrote:

>I think that there may be a role for aencies such as a post office to
>construct hierarchies but only because it is usefull to have an
>authority which is recognised by the courts.

I think there is another use for an agency like the Post Office.  It has
authority over a certain domain of facts -- SNail addresses.

I think there would be call for a CA run by "Together, Inc." or any other
singles' service -- attesting to the binding between a key and an MPEG video
made by a client, for example.

|Carl M. Ellison          cme@cybercash.com   http://www.clark.net/pub/cme |
|CyberCash, Inc., Suite 430                   http://www.cybercash.com/    |
|2100 Reston Parkway           PGP 2.6.2: 61E2DE7FCB9D7984E9C8048BA63221A2 |
|Reston, VA 22091              Tel: (703) 620-4200                         |