RE: SPKI requirments (was: SPKI RFC draft)

>----------
>From: 	azb@llnl.gov[SMTP:azb@llnl.gov]
>Subject: 	Re: SPKI requirments (was: SPKI RFC draft)
>

>>Some very top level requirements (i.e., just a list of the
>>applications):
[snip]
>>More?
>>

>How about:
>
>7.  mutual authentication for *arbitrary* client/server development.

I specifically did not want to include "arbitrary" applications. If that
falls out, fine. Logically, authenticating a browser to a web server
should extend quite straightforwardly to general client/server. However,
without a real example to drive the requirements, trying to meet the
needs of arbitrary applications is arbitrarily hard.

Paul