RE: Any more comments on the whois++ SPKI proposalette?

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Jeff Allen wrote:

> Carl Ellison wrote:
> > >6) The SPKI should be useable with at least one standards track directory
> > >   protocol.
> >
> > What do you mean by (6)?
>
> Simon got caught! I think you caught him advocating Whois++ in a
> sneaky way... :)

To be fair (to me :-), I was trying to imply that it must work with
either whois++ or LDAP w/centipede.  One might argue that if you can
handle X.509, adding LDAP isn't too much extra work; however the converse
doesn't necessarily apply, so an LDAP oriented solution may not be as
stupid as it sounds, however RFC822/whois++ is simpler for the non DER
savvy (InDERviduals?)

Simon

---
They say in  online country             So which side are you on boys
There is no middle way                  Which side are you on
You'll either be a Usenet man           Which side are you on boys
Or a thug for the CDA                   Which side are you on?
  National Union of Computer Operatives; Hackers, local 37   APL-CPIO