How Big (was Re: SDSI syntax)

>From a standards perspective, there should be a way to support large objects.
But it doesn't have to be pretty, nor should it impose a lot of overhead for
"normal" users if they are using small objects.

A Simple public key infrastructure should be make it easy to incorporate pk
technology into lots or applications and be easy to implement.  Ideally we
should be able to describe a Public Key Infrastructure using OO methods so that
the spki is derived from the main class(es) and a full/complex pki has the same
method names, etc., but with a more complex interface that must be managed.

I'd really hate to have to use spki for some applications (email) and use an
entirely different model for more complex applications (distributed object
models with integrity support).

Ken.

Kenneth E. Rowe			kerowe@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Senior Security Engineer /	(217) 244 5270 (office)
           Security Coordinator	(217) 244 0710 (IRST)
URL http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/people/kerowe
E-mail irst@ncsa.uiuc.edu for Computer Incident Response