draft of SPKI certificate internet-draft

ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/cme/spki-960705.txt

has a draft of an internet draft defining an SPKI certificate, format and
contents, including a bit of text giving the rationale.  This is our attempt
to capture and document the discussions on the SPKI list and come up with an
engineering design to fit those discussions.

I was thinking of just posting it to the list (partly for archive purposes),
but it's 95KB long.  For those who can read it by FTP or web browser, that's
probably the best access method.  If someone needs it emailed, I will email it.

This draft makes a concrete proposal but leaves several areas open for
discussion and improvement.  The most glaring opening is in the definition
of specific <auth> fields to meet the needs of specific developers and users
on this list.

 - Carl

|Carl M. Ellison          cme@cybercash.com   http://www.clark.net/pub/cme |
|CyberCash, Inc.                              http://www.cybercash.com/    |
|207 Grindall Street           PGP 2.6.2: 61E2DE7FCB9D7984E9C8048BA63221A2 |
|Baltimore MD 21230-4103       T:(410) 727-4288     F:(410)727-4293        |