Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: SPKI mailing list and BOF at Los Angeles

Responding to Perry, at 14:30 2/26/96, Jueneman@gte.com wrote:

>I'm interested in identifying and solving those problems, whether they occur
>inside of an X.509 certificate itself or elsewhere in the infrastructure. The
>problems that I have heard to date involve the infrastructure, and/or the way
>that people think that DNs "ought" to be composed (the schema), and have very
>little to do with distinguished names in and of themselves, and even less
>to do
>with X.509 itself.

I'll give you more time to respond to my proposal -- but the problems I see
are with the distinguished names themselves:  the concept of having a unique
identifier of some human being as a prerequisite to generating a certificate.

 - Carl

|Carl M. Ellison          cme@cybercash.com   http://www.clark.net/pub/cme |
|CyberCash, Inc., Suite 430                   http://www.cybercash.com/    |
|2100 Reston Parkway           PGP 2.6.2: 61E2DE7FCB9D7984E9C8048BA63221A2 |
|Reston, VA 22091      Tel: (703) 620-4200                                 |