Re: Specification Languages

PALAMBER US.ORACLE COM wrote:
> Other candidates (some already mentioned on this list) for a specification
> language include:
>  <snip>
>  Whois++ Templates

Whoa, hang on there a minute! Whois++ has only been suggested as a
transport method, one of many possible ways to transport keys.

Talking about Whois++ templates is totally inappropriate for
specifying data types; one of the major strengths of Whois++ is that
there is no tying information implied in the templates, which make
them useful for many applications, including key management.
It is up to the Whois++ users (i.e. the SPKI working group) to
define how the data needed in keys fits into a Whois++ template
(though, you'll be pleasantly surprise how easy the mapping is, I
think.)

At the IETF, my boss (Patrik) will explain more clearly how he sees
Whois++ technology fitting into the SPKI work. I just wanted to
clarify that it's not useful for specification.

--
    Jeff Allen <jeff@bunyip.com>   |   For information about Bunyip
Bunyip Information Systems, Inc.   |   send e-mail to <info@bunyip.com>