Re: Apology and requirements

On Sat, 2 Mar 1996, Rich Salz wrote:

>     1 Not limited to ASCII.  I will have performance constraints
>       where a cert must fit in a very small UDP-style packet and
>       the typical 30% inflation isn't acceptable.

Hmmm... maybe it should be suggested that programs be capable of handling
either binary or ASCII armored certificates. I can't imagine that small
bit of extra code killing most apps.

Obviously, in performance-critical apps, or with a 7 bit connection, only
one type need be supported, but general purpose apps should in fact
support multiple purposes.

Jon Lasser
Jon Lasser (410)494-3072                         - Obscenity  is a crutch  for
jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu                            inarticulate motherfuckers.
http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
Finger for PGP key (1024/EC001E4D)               - Fuck the CDA.