Re: specification language?

At 11:31 AM 3/6/96 -0500, Carl Ellison wrote:
>How do folks feel about using Java as the specification language for
>certificates?

I have no strong objections.  Could you work up a sample in Java so those
of us who work better with examples than with abstracts could see what you
have in mind?

I would urge anyone who wants to offer up a specification language to put
together a sample certificate specification in that language.  It would be
even better if everyone coded the same example.

hallam@w3.org writes:
>Having spent the past 24 hours on a bug due to 32/64 bit incompatibility in C
>I'm none too keen on C lossage today. I don't see Java as being an improvement.

Java types are defined in terms of bit size.  A Java int is always 32
signed bits and a Java long is always 64 signed bits.  I call that a
distinct improvment.

Regards - Bill

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA