Re: CYLINK's Support for Open Public Key Standards

>How does this apply to a non-profit organization (such as a university)
>that wants to make a "reference implementation" of an IETF protocol (that
>uses Diffie-Hellman) freely available?  Under the RSAREF license, I
>think this was possible, but has this changed things?

I think it means you end up waiting 12 months for the patent to expire.
:-)

At this point I can't see much of a chance of an IETF standard based on D-H
making it through all the stages of the standards process before the patent
expires.

Most of the internet companies I know of have already paid out a large sum to a
certain Greek-American gentleman and I doubt that they will be queuing up to
make a similar payment to another company.

        Phill