Re: Validity periods can be handled more explicitly

I didn't develop an appreciation for MASH until too late, and must have
missed that episode.  What happened?

Although I believe (and have stated on the DIGSIG list) that the likelyhood
that someone's software (at least on his own machine) would be successfully
hacked so that it would display a document other than what was signed
without detection (a self-healing virus, in other words) to be negligible
compared to other threats, it is of course a theoretic possibility that
ought to be addressed.  Word macro viruses, PostScript viruses, and of
course ActiveX/Java viruses all come to mind as severe opportunities for
someone to solve if there is an adequate market.

Bob

>>> Carl Ellison <cme@cybercash.com> 11/05 12:10 PM >>>

|Carl M. Ellison  cme@cybercash.com   http://www.clark.net/pub/cme |
|CyberCash, Inc.                      http://www.cybercash.com/    |
|207 Grindall Street  PGP 08FF BA05 599B 49D2  23C6 6FFD 36BA D342 |
|Baltimore MD 21230-4103  T:(410) 727-4288  F:(410)727-4293        |