Re: time resolution (was Re: six-page binary format draft)

  110 years from now, if we are smart, the "lag" time between some
nodes may be in the minutes to hours: light just doesn't travel across
the solar system much faster than that.

>I agree the there is a danger in having more precision represented in the
>data than exists in the source, but to arbitrarily cut the allowable
>precision because today we can't sync clocks is crazy.  Didn't this whole

  I agree that there is no reason to cut the precision. Leave it at
second, and note a possibility that a future draft may allow decimal
fractions of a second.

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  SSH IPsec  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |international[
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |strong crypto[