six-page binary format draft

Please, let's not continue this discussion about date formats or
resolution.  I don't have strong opinions about the date format.  Just
as long as it is simple to process in all likely near-term
implementation languages.

Complexity or simplicity of parsing the ASCII format is not the main
issue here either.

The real issue is clarity of formats and semantics.  In my opinion,
the ascii format has too many choices, and too many issues are left to
the implementor.  There are way too many option combinations
available to easily specify, implement, test, and analyze.

It is the *interpretation* (i.e. semantics) of all possible forms of
certificates that worries me, and especially the interoperability and
security implications of this room for interpretation.

    Tatu

--
SSH Communications Security	      http://www.ssh.fi/
F-Secure Internet Security Solutions  http://www.datafellows.com/f-secure/