Re: Private Key replacement

Francesco,

	thank you for bringing this up.  I didn't give it any attention in the
draft.

	We addressed this during the design.  That's one reason we allow hash of a
key to be a principal.  That way, you can generate your two keys (or any
number, for that matter), keep one available for use and keep the others
salted away.  However, when you get a certificate for your working key, you
can get certs for all your keys, using key hashes to identify them, and just
keep the certs for future keys on file.

	If/when we get around to using trusted timestamp services, we can do this
delegation ourselves.  That is, with a trusted timestamp, we can delegate
from a key we know will be invalidated in the future to some other key --
and then, after that key has been invalidated, haul out the timestamped
certificate of delegation.  However, that's a complication we don't need at
this time.  It's just something to look forward to and a reason to encourage
timestamp efforts.

 - Carl