delegation question

I'm having difficulty figuring out how SPKI solves the following problem of
delegation:

Bob has been delegated the authority to sign certificates allowing
employees to enter his company's building.  He will be on vacation for
a week, so he delegates his building entry authority, with delegation, to
Alice for a period of one week.  During the week, Alice signs a building
entry certificate for Cliff.  It seems that Cliff's authority to enter the
building will expire with Alice's certificate.  Is there a way to make it
persist?  I can't see how to do this with any combination of capability and
name certificates.  Am I missing something?

--
Steve Koehler
Secure Computing Corporation