Re: Out on a loop

>If you would just call it the "Public Key Authorization Protocol", and
>stop referring to it as "a radical departure from X.509" or otherwise
>comparing it to PKI mechanisms, a lot of confusion would be avoided.
>You bring this upon yourself by using the words "Infrastructure" and
>"Certificate" instead of more descriptive terms like "Authorization"
>and "Ticket".

I think this is a very astute comment.  I had a similar reaction when this
(and SDSI) were first gelling in my mind.  I wonder if we really are creating
confusion here.  I think it's potentially very powerful, but I don't think
it's acurately characterized as a public key infrastructure either.  Isn't its
very nature more like anti-infrastructure?

Derrell