Re: Names of algorithms

At 3:19 PM -0800 4/1/97, Ron Rivest wrote:
>First, note that the elements are in the order in which they are used: first
>you hash the message, then format the result of the hash for the signature
>algorithm, then apply the public-key algorithm.  The second
>of these operations may be "no-op" for the identify transformation.

I assume by your description that the specification of the hash algorithm
implies what message padding algorithm you are using?

Bill Frantz       | I have taken a real job at | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | Electric Communities as a  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | capability security guru.  | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Follow-Ups: References: