Re: single <auth> per cert (was Re: "auth" --> "tag" ?? )

On Apr 2, Bryce <bryce@digicash.com> wrote:

> Hm.  It still seems to me that the natural thing to do, in
> keeping with the SPKI precepts, is to declare that there are no
> global meanings of tags, that trying to _make_ global meanings of
> tags is going to get you into a can of worms, and that you can
> accomplish what you want anyway by using local meanings of tags.

I'd ditto this... is this a sort of parallel to the SDSI claim that there
is no (useful) global namespace?  It seems to me a common-sense extension
of that philosophy.

Jon
--
Jon Lasser (410)433-7495                    jlasser@rwd.goucher.edu