[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Typeability and screen space
- To: Marc Branchaud <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Typeability and screen space
- From: Kent Crispin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 18:27:59 -0800
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <Pine.LNX.3.93.970331100227.20452Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>; from Marc Branchaud on Mon, Mar 31, 1997 at 10:03:09AM -0500
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.3.93.970331100227.20452Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Mon, Mar 31, 1997 at 10:03:09AM -0500, Marc Branchaud wrote:
>On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Carl Ellison wrote:
>> I wrote:
>> >If we do make them case-sensitive, then I believe we should dictate that all>
>> >tags be lowercase.
>> "dictate" is too strong a word. Rather, we could make all our tags be
>> lowercase and recommend that others follow that example when they define
>I have no problem with lowercase-only tags.
Case-insensitivity is one of those annoying holdovers from primitive
times. I vote for case sensitive tags. Lowercase only is fine.
Come to think of it, I prefer them myself.
Kent Crispin "No reason to get excited",
firstname.lastname@example.org the thief he kindly spoke...
PGP fingerprint: B1 8B 72 ED 55 21 5E 44 61 F4 58 0F 72 10 65 55