Re: [peter@verisign.com: a number of points on SPKI rationale]

Ron,

Have you ever looked at Klee Dienes' DTypes++ work at the Media Lab?
DTypes++ is a package that implements scheme as a scripting language
for C++ classes.  It also includes a very nice, compact network format
for scheme objects, which allows you to transmit scheme objects
transparently over the network.  I'd recommend that people look at
that as a means to combine S-expressions and network bit-strings.

If nothing else, I recommend people look at it for ideas of what I
mean by S-expression <-> binary encoding.

-derek