Re: Canonical form for signing S-expressions

 A million monkeys operating under the pseudonym
 "Angelos D. Keromytis <angelos@dsl.cis.upenn.edu>" typed:

> Read a certificate ? Whatever happened to transparent security ?

<smile>

I think engineers traditionally fail to include certain important
factors in their thinking.  The factor that I am trying to
emphasize here is the ease of _acceptance_ of SPKI itself!  Sure,
we _could_ design a system that, once it was universally accepted
and implemented, would be easy to _use_.  But I would rather design
a system which is easy to accept and implement.  (And,
coincidentally, to maintain and upgrade.)

So human-readable format is just one little detail that shows me
how most engineers give not a thought for the process of creation
and think only of the result.  :-)

Regards,

Zooko Journeyman

Disclaimers follow:  I am not a cypherpunk.  NOT speaking for
DigiCash or any other person or organization.  No PGP sig follows.