Re: Java programs, etc.

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:31:45 -0700
To: bryce@digicash.com
From: Peter Williams <peter@verisign.com>
Subject: Re: Java programs, etc.
Cc: spki@v2.org

Hi,

Im trying hard to get at the essential protection philosophy embodied in
SPKI/SPKI. Whereas for X.509 concepts, it all about managed
names and trust based on brand recognition, SPKI/SDSI is
responding to a distributed notion - in which security
is the a function of the collective, and the very size and dynamics
of the domain manages the risks. The capability chains are really a navigation
tool across the risk factors, and thus fit ideally for addressing
the security problems faced by routing protocols, and n*n party
communication services.

See, Im getting into it, slowly. It takes folk
like me from the lower half of the class  a while... but
we manage it eventually.

Peter.