FYI -- XML document

Although we have the syntax for S-expressions nearly done, I want to
point out an alternative to S-expressions that Microsoft is pushing
hard within the W3C community.  The W3C PICS-NG group is currently
trying to decide between some form of S-expressions and XML
(Extensible Markup Language).

I image that SPKI certificates in XML might look something like:

<certificate>
  <issuer>ron</>
  <subject>butler</>
  <not-before>1996</>
  <tag><*></></>
</certificate>

XML uses properly nested and labelled start and end tags, with the label
optional on the end tag.

It is not that hard to translate between
	(foo ...)
and

A reference document is in "http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-xml-lang".

While I suspect that XML has a lot more mechanism than SPKI wants or
needs, it is worth taking a peek at this...

	Cheers,
	Ron Rivest