Trust and Transitivity

Ed Gerck wrote "However, trust is not transitive."

I believe that, functionally speaking, trust IS transitive, in as much as we
speak to the limited domains of trust represented by signed (auth tag) certs.

When I sign your key with the tag X, I am saying that I trust you to be
(honest, knowledgeable, use-good-judgement) in matters of X.  I may not
trust Khaddafi in such matters, or think that I do not, but if YOU do and
you are basing your actions on his behalf, than I am implicitly trusting
Khaddafi.  Had I known that you get your direction from Khaddafi, I might
not have placed trust in you in the first place, but that is a another issue.

My two cents.

___TONY___