Summary Trust x Delegation

> From: "E. Gerck" <egerck@laser.cps.softex.br>
> We have the following *main* groups, propositions and comments:
>
> A. "Trust is not transitive" is a fact in all cases even with perfect
> B. "Trust is not transitive" only if you take forgery and unlawful acts
> C. "Trust is transitive". There is no issue about it and delegation is a

I'm sorry, but that's not what I got out of the debate at all.

I saw folks indicate that trust is not an objective protocol issue, it
is a subjective human motivation.

The protocol issues are "authentication", "authorization", and
"delegation".

SPKI needs to clearly indicate how each is handled.  I think that it
does a reasonably job so far, but anticipate cleaning up the text.

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com