Re: SPKI signing keys only

Bob Jueneman wrote:
> Nonetheless, there might be significant merit in labeling keys as to
> their alleged function, and not just the process that is performed on
> them.

I see SPKI as a kind of protocol.  Does this labeling bring any
functional changes to the protocol itself?  If not, I do not see the
benefit of introducing "syntactic sugar".  If some export regulating
body wants to see what the keys do in an application, the application
itself can label the keys.  From a protocol viewpoint I believe it is
quite irrelevant.  Again, lets remember the "S" in SPKI.

Regards,

Camillo
--
Camillo Sdrs <Camillo.Sars@DataFellows.com>   Data Fellows Ltd.