Re: (* reorder ...) comments

> From: Carl Ellison <cme@cybercash.com>
> This is one example of a complexity of what Ron called the Leatherman
> variety (or Swiss Army Knife, for those who don't know what a Leatherman
> is).  If we could resolve it on the list, and actually decide to permit only
> positional or only named parameters, we can toss this *-form.
>
> I would like to hear from the list on this subject.

I concur with Rivest.

However, it seemed to me in reading the list some time ago, that the
consensus was that any mandatory parameters would be positional, and any
optional parameters would trail with explicit names.  That gives the
best of both worlds.  Why wasn't that adopted?

WSimpson@UMich.edu
BSimpson@MorningStar.com