RE: encoding: SPKI vs. SDSI

At 05:43 PM 2/26/97 -0500, Phillip M. Hallam-Baker wrote:
>>>We don't need two standard cannonicalizations for S-Expressions!
>
>>I think there can be only one standard for S-expressions.
>
>I can think of many cannonicalisations. Are there to be spaces before,
>after parentheses? How are litterals to be handled etc etc... ad nauseam...

Phill,

	as long as the thing signed is the thing transmitted, there is no
canonicalization to be done prior to checking a signature.  Of course,
the difficulty of getting text through mailers uncorrupted might lead
people to want to canonicalize before checking signatures.  IMHO, that's
a huge mistake.