Re: encoding: SPKI vs. SDSI

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Carl Ellison wrote:

> corporation with a large budget has too much advantage.  Therefore, I would
> argue strongly against any encoding (like BER/DER) which calls for a support
> library or compiler or both.

Although I think S-Exprs are a good idea for SPKI, I have to disagree
with you on the need for a support library to write a DER/BER encoder.
DER encoders in particular are trivial to knock off from memory; unlike.
say, a tweaked general precision integer library...

Simon

-----
Now available - The Freddy Hayek Kayak            | "Pass me another elf
Paddle Your Own Canoe! Be Rowed To Surfdom!       | Sergeant- this one's