Re: <auth> parameter field names?

Carl Ellison wrote:

> My co-worker, Donald Eastlake, and I have been discussing <auth> fields we
> need to create for our own use and in the process we got into a discussion
> of <auth> field structure.
>
> Donald is a fan of named parameters (so you know which one is missing when
> you omit one).  I can see the value of that, but still tend to think in
> terms of position-dependent semantics.  What does the group think?

I think named parameters grow better with the inevitable specification
changes that occur over time.

Bill Frantz       | Back from caving in Borneo.| Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | Great caves.  We mapped    | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz@netcom.com | 25KM on the expedition.    | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

Follow-Ups: References: