[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Comments on SPKI draft of 25 March 1997
Here are some small comments on syntax:
* In section 22.214.171.124 (hex string), it should be stated that the number of
hex digits must be EVEN. You don't want to start processing a gigabyte
without knowing where the byte boundaries are!
* Similarly in section 126.96.36.199, it might be useful to state that
each representation must represent an integral number of bytes.
(Thus, &f- &f is illegal, as is =Ef- =5G .)
* In section 4.1.18 (date), I assume that by "lower significance time
fields" you mean the HH:MM:SS fields and not the DD, even though that
is nominally a "time field". Maybe use the phrase "time of day fields".
Also, is it necessary to make it explicit that an time-of-day of 00:00:00
means the midnight at the end of the previous day and the beginning of
* In section 4.3.3 (blanks), instead of saying "there are no blanks"
(which is incorrect, since byte strings may contain blanks), say
"there are no blanks separating elements of a list, or their
enclosing parentheses, from each other".
* In the BNF, shouldn't you have the * (for indefinite repetition) immediately
follow the preceding element, with no intervening spaces, as you do for
the "?" ? I think this reads better.