Re: display-types

At 12:54 PM -0800 3/29/97, Carl Ellison wrote:
>I'd like to hear from others on the list before considering the issue done,
>but that's my preference as I said before.

Wow, this is a tough one. As a programmer, I think the ( display-type
unicode chinese-name ) will be easier for more types of programmers and
apps.

However, Irsonally I like the [] contructrions because it is more human
readable.

Allso, the [] contstruction it is also more in alignment with the way that
OpenDoc's Bento format worked. In Bento, everything has a type -- each item
was was stored with a name, a type, and data. This allowed for some
interesting constructions as any of them could actually be a ref, so the
for instance you might have [ref: localname] where the localname was an
object that described the structure.

..Christopher Allen                  Consensus Development Corporation..
..<ChristopherA@consensus.com>                 1563 Solano Avenue #355..
..                                             Berkeley, CA 94707-2116..
..Home of "SSL Plus:                      o510/559-1500  f510/559-1505..
..  SSL 3.0 Integration Suite(tm)" <http://www.consensus.com/SSLPlus/>..