Re: Final Year Thesis : SPKI

>On Sun, 28 Jun 1998 DoWneR@mail.dma.be wrote:
>

>> My name is Olivier Dellicour. I'm 24, I'm Belgian and I live in
>> Brussels. I'm a Business Ingeneer student and like every students
>> around the world I have to write a final year thesis. Mine is about
>> electronic certification and SPKI. I have to compare SPKI
>> certificate and its competitors (X.509, ...) and demonstrate that
>> SPKI is better (at least try to !!!). As you can imagine, I'm not a

Olivier:

Comparing SPKI with X.509 is like comparing apples and speedboats.

In spite of its name, SPKI is NOT a PKI and does not allow a PKI to
be built with it. Neither with SDSI, in SPKI/SDSI.

Further, SPKI addresses the question of "what" and only to the issuer
-- while X.509 addresses "who" and "what" and not only to the issuer.

Further, as a general rule, it is not advisable to set goals of what
you want to demonstrate before studying the subjects -- because the
subjects may not be even comparable, as the case at hand..

Cheers,

Ed Gerck

Dr.rer.nat. E. Gerck                     egerck@novaware.cps.softex.br
http://novaware.cps.softex.br