Re: on the nature of trust

Simon Spero wrote:

> Hmm - what about if we factor in the percieved value of trusting someone
> for a specific purpose; we then trust someone for some purpose if the
> probability of the their actually being trustworthy times the value of
> trusting is greater than the probability of their not being trustworthy
> times the cost of misplaced trust.

A good formula, but I wonder if obtaining those perceived trust values will be
easy enough to be practical.

		Marc

 Marc Branchaud                                       \/
 Chief PKI Architect                                  /\CERT SOFTWARE INC.
 marcnarc@xcert.com        PKI References page:              www.xcert.com
 604-640-6210x227      www.xcert.com/~marcnarc/PKI/