Re: Modelling trust

Chris,

I know that each of the lists PKIX, SPKI and "cert-talk" tend to have
little patience with academic discussions on modeling.  If you find a
list that is more appropriate, let me know and I will sign up as well.

The PKIX list is focused upon working out the details of X.509v3.

"cert-talk" (perhaps inappropriately named) is focused upon practical
how-to questions over existing deployed implementations.

SPKI (rather quiet of late) has already transitioned from theory to
implementation, but they may be the most receptive.  I say this because
the lightweight (some would say "inadequate") nature of their form for
supporting global PKI still leaves as an open question how this form
might be deployed and "ganged together" to support larger and varied
needs.  (I hope Carl Ellison and Perry Metzger don't beat me up;)

Maybe Ed Gerck has some suggestions;)

---------------------------
>From: BJUENEMAN@novell.com at Internet-USA
>Date: 3/4/98 2:09PM -0800
>*To: egerck@laser.cps.softex.br at Internet-USA
>*To: cert-talk@structuredarts.com at Internet-USA
>Subject: Re: Modelling trust
----

Tony Bartoletti                                             LL
SPI-NET GURU                                             LL LL
Computer Security Technology Center                   LL LL LL
Lawrence Livermore National Lab                       LL LL LL
PO Box 808, L - 303                                   LL LL LLLLLLLL
Livermore, CA 94551-9900                              LL LLLLLLLL
email: azb@llnl.gov   phone: 510-422-3881             LLLLLLLL