Re: ACL request

> >I'd like to be able to write ACL entries that match any subject.
> >SDSI 1 used the reserved name ALL! for this.  What I'd like to
> >see in SDSI/SPKI 2 is this replacement text in the structure draft:
>
> Do you have some concrete examples of how this is useful?
>
> The change isn't hard at all but I'm not sure what it means.
>
>  - Carl

Just making examples from the ideas in draft-ietf-spki-cert-examples-01.txt:

Maybe everyone should be allowed to anonymously FTP into cybercash:

(acl (entry all (tag (ftp cybercash.com anonymous))))

Or telnet into clark.net as guest:

(acl (entry all (tag (telnet clark.net guest))))

Or read the SPKI page through pkpfs:

(acl (entry all (tag (pkpfs //ftp.clark.net/pub/cme/spki.txt read))))

Or submit to an incoming directory at clark.net through pkpfs:

(acl (entry all (tag (pkpfs //ftp.clark.net/pub/incoming add))))

Matt

--
Matt Fredette
fredette@bbnplanet.com, fredette@mit.edu, fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu