[Fwd: Revocation, etc...]

Ben and Carl,
First of all thank you for your reply and comments.

Ben Laurie wrote:
> Surely it is up to the relying party to decide when to do revalidations?
> Of course, they should take the advice of the issuer :-)

  I agree.

>  Following the idea of Proposition 1 the acceptor can (should) set
>  the duration of the "unconditionally good" phase according to his needs.

  Maybe I forgot to tell you that the original message was about security
in the field of e-commerce, so when I wrote:

>  - About your proposal of introducing a new date in the certificate.
>
>         In a practical situation, don't you think that in many cases the issuer
>         won't be able to give a "good-until" date? or, will that date be really
>         useful? If the "good-until" is very close to the "not-before" date the
>         situation will be the same as it was without this added date.

and
>         It introduces a security risk because once a certificate is issued
>         there is an interval of time that will allow a malicious user to
>         act freely whithout worriying about being discovered. In a digital
>         environment where the time scale is very small several minutes are
>         enough time to do a lot of transactions and therefore the mentioned
>         risk is not small.
I was thinking about an e-commerce scenario.

Best Regards,
Antonio.
                            ~~~~~
                           ( o o )
  +------------------o000-----U------000o------------------+
  !           _   ,                                        !
  ! Antonio Mana Gomez               eMail: amg@lcc.uma.es !
  !              http://www.lcc.uma.es/~amg                !
  ! Departamento de Lenguajes y Ciencias de la Computacion !
  !      E.T.S.I.Informatica.        Desp. 1.2.B.19        !
  !                  Campus de Teatinos.                   !
  !                 29071 MALAGA (SPAIN)                   !
  ! Phone: (+34) 5 213 27 54        Fax: (+34) 5 213 13 97 !
  ! PGP KEY TYPE:                                          !
  !   DSS 2048                                             !
  ! KEY FINGERPRINT:                                       !
  !   B4B3 ED6D 553F 7C99 9042  2AE0 C5A3 F47E 0180 2ACB   !
  ! KEY SERVER:                                            !
  !   Cert'eM at http://www.socrates.crypto.lcc.uma.es     !