Re: MIT implementation sources?

>At 6:13 PM -0700 2/16/99, Paul Crowley wrote:
>>Does anyone know of an FTP site outside the USA that carries the SDSI
>>2.0 sources, and whether I'd be breaking any laws in fetching them
>>from there if so?  I'd also be particularly interested in hearing
>>about any complete examples of SPKI-enabled clients and servers that
>>use this code, particularly if they're also SSL based.  I'm interested
>>in using SPKI as the basic permissions system for the next major
>>revision of PRCS (http://www.xcf.berkeley.edu/~jmacd/prcs) which is
>>client-server and SSL based.
>
>My reading of the latest Wasenaar (sp?) agreement is that authentication
>only systems are completely de-controlled.  As such, unless you are in one
>of the 5 really bad guy countries, export/import is completely legal.

Hmm, are you sure that Wassenaar allows export of sources?  If memory serves
correctly, only binary code is granted export if it meets the criteria.

--
Dean Povey,         | e-m: povey@dstc.edu.au     | Cryptozilla:
Research Scientist  | ph:  +61 7 3864 5120       |  www.cryptozilla.org/

Follow-Ups: References: