RE: Display types?

Niels,

fixing UTF-8 as an encoding for the canonical form would simply force you to
use that encoding for authorization computations, but your application is
still free to use whatever encoding it pleases internally. You already have
to convert to the canonical form anyway for authorization computations, so
fixing UTF-8 does not seem like an unreasonable constraint.

Furthermore, I would argue that switching to UTF-8 as the only encoding for
text actually eliminates ambiguity. Currently, a name could be encoded in
any encoding, so if the display hint got ignored a name might be
misdisplayed on some systems.

Robert